Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Monday

The little wildflowers I had posted about last week are starting to turn the rust color I spoke about..they will get very rusty looking soon...I think I may spray a fixative on them..and see if it helps protect them..last year I picked some that had already turned and they lasted until the holidays...tied a bit of homespun around the pocket also...
I also listed this unique item..don't know if anyone has seen one of these before..I think its from the 60s or so as its before zip codes...anyway...its for decorating candles with fresh or dried flowers.....I don't have any prim type candle holders so used a vintage double one so  you can get the effect....
of course, you would add more and could even root ivy cuttings..you put about a tablespoon or so of water in each one and the top locks down so there is no worry of leaking......I think these are really cool....they are in my Treasure chest link on my selling blog if someone is interested in them...original box too...

I am also listing a few choice patterns.....
and am going through my craft cabinet as I have way too much...if we do have to move, I don't want to have so much things that I really don't need....got a large bag of different colored thread, a bag of wooden items like craft sticks, wooden beads, wooden clothes pins, cinnamon sticks, etc...and only gone through two drawers so far..still have 3 more to go.....as I mostly stitch and crochet..really don't need these things but picked them up at different sales and some were given to me...not listed these things yet but will sell them CHEAP.....maybe grab bag style....
no calls on the van..and have posted it 3 times on Craigslist plus put a sign on it.....we're going to have our son drive it to his work and leave it in the parking lot during work hours..its a busy marketplace so that might help sell it...

Be sure to sign up for my June giveaway!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. The wildflowers are lovely!
    I hope there is a turnaround for you soon. I still have you on my prayer list and think of you often.....
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Linda, Dani~ I'm still praying for you and hopefully someone will be along to buy the van soon.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your arrangement is lovely Dani, who needs the real holders when you have created this one?

    I use hair spray as a fixative sometimes.


    Our house is in the Murphy, NC area, just east of Chattanooga, TN and north of GA border.
    Thanks for your comments on my blog.
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wildflowers are beautiful, love their color!

    The candlestick flower arranger is pretty nifty. What a beautiful centerpiece that would make with fresh flowers.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?