Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Prim Nest

I wanted to let you know about a new website I discovered called the Prim Nest...I like country and prim decorating, find it warm and livable...people who visit our home often comment how cozy it is...but we do have some modern twists so I guess its more eclectic than strictly prim which is ok.....anyway, the Prim Nest is a primitive folk art marketplace with 27 artists at this time......some very nice, unique creations to enjoy...
I'm a big fan of faux baked goods and Oodlekadoole primitives is one of the artists featured at the Prim Nest....I absolutely love Sues' patterns....just look at these cute faux peanut butter cookies...

and you can get some of her patterns on Pattern Mart  as well as finished goods at the Prim Nest.....
I have this pattern and love it..
Our family is growing up...our oldest will be moving out soon and our other son is making noises about moving out too in a year or so .....at first, I felt not a little empty but realized this will give us more room in our small house.....more room to explore my creative side and really spread my wings as all my crafting has been at the kitchen table. Every time I want to sew, I have to drag out the sewing machine which is in our closet to set up and then take down...all my craft stuff is in a cabinet in the same closet..and not well organized.
Alan wants to do woodwork also as a second business so between the two of us, it will be new adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link, Dani! These look just too wonderful. I thought the cookies were real! From the pictures you have shown of your home, It does look cozy and inviting. You've done a wonderful job! Sounds like there are already plans in the making for more creative things coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out the prim nest:) I would love to take over my son's room but since all his stuff is still in there...*sigh*, he is applying for on base housing in HI but they want to find something furnished, so I may be waiting till he's OUT of the army for his room! Hope you are having a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful attitude toward an empty nest, Dani...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?