Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Monday

Still cool and overcast but the sun is trying to break through the clouds...I hung out tons of laundry this morning ..
Our fig tree is leafing out...it never ceases to amaze me that as well as new green leaves emerging, there are tiny new figs coming at the same time..this tree is wonderfully prolific....we trimmed it back quite a bit last fall and trimmed especially the lower branches as if you don't.the tree looks more like a bush....
Alan put some stakes and a bungee cord to pull the tree straight as it wanted to slump toward the house....this was last year.....our tract house is about 25 ft. from our neighbors on either side....I've noticed that new tract homes are very close together with tiny yards.....another good reason to buy an older home..we have a 10,000+ sq. ft. yard and have 4 different fruit trees, boysenberry bushes, roses, a large area for a vegetable garden, strawberries, and some lawn.
As its been so gray and chilly, I wanted to spuce up our front porch ...so bought some pretty flowers,
hope they do well..the porch gets morning sun......

wishing you a great day and a wonderful spring....

2 comments:

  1. Oh pretty columbines there - hoping my fig will grow more now - it has been SLOW putting out more branches and only a few figs - do you fertilize it or just the yard around it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms, Dani- we had a frost here this morning so I'm hoping mothing got bit!
    I'm wanting to put my clothesline back up so I can line dry everything too, but it's just been too doggone cold here.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?