Friday, February 18, 2011

Unpacking and Yorktowne Dishes



We've been very busy, organizing, going through boxes, and I've unpacked our Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne dishes that I had tucked away a few years ago.....decided why not use them....rediscovered  how much I love them...I especially love the teapot, creamer and sugar containers....


I think what I like the most about these is the texture of the ceramics..very smooth, almost sensual....and I also like all the pieces you can get..from a chip and dip dish, to canisters and more.....these giant coffee cups are wonderful...I am using one as I type this post..... I was using green dishes which I gave to my oldest son and his fiancee as they are going to be getting an apartment soon..
The blue, green and brown colors seem to be pleasing which pleasantly surprised me.

Here are the canisters, plus a cooky jar, some bowls, and the chip/dip dish..
there are even corn on the cob dishes that you can see next to the cooky jar......There are also pretty blue glasses that match....as well as candles...

Why I packed these away for 6 years, I will never know.....Yorktowne is one of Pfaltzgraff's most popular pattern..I think that is why there are so many many pieces to choose from...
I am adding some of these pieces to my Amazon widget just in case anyone wants to start their own collection...our collection will be eventually  handed down.

Unpacking boxes is exhausting...we are missing a few things also...we had a white toaster that we haven't found, plus a folding chair and they returned the wrong desk chair....but all in all, we are blest to get almost everything back.....I went through the Christmas stuff, and put two boxes aside for a garage sale....after so many years we had quite a bit we don't need now that we have a smaller tree.

Tomorrow, I will be doing my review of the Gro Organic site.....

Todays scripture is a favorite...

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans 8: 38-39

4 comments:

  1. I love that scripture, Dani... and I LOVE those dishes! I like that they're not shiny- it makes them look old-timey. And the cannisters are wonderful with the big writing on them.
    Oh~ and I love the little kitty on your countertop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfaltzgraff closed a few years ago which is sad. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blue/white dishes are just the most beautiful! I would choose them myself had i not inherited Brown-eyed Susan dishes of cream/brown/yellow, and multicolored good china (which are beautiful). But i long for white/blue often. So fun to see yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dishes Dani! I had a whole collection of the brown and blue tole painted, I don't know the name, it was one of the first releases, lost it in our auction.

    Are these boxes from your garage fire storage?

    I hope you find everything!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?