Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Easy Chicken Divan


I received the two GooseBerry cookbooks I had ordered last week after winning the contest....Slow Cookers, Casseroles and Skillets +Christmas with Family and Friends.......what great recipes!

Tonight I leafed through the Casserole book and found a recipe that I happened to have all the ingredients for....so thought I'd share it...tonight it was just the two of us, so halved the recipe....

Easy Chicken Divan

3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced (I used some leftover chicken)
10 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 c. mayonnaise
1 t. lemon juice
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I used Panko crumbs)
1/4 c. butter, melted

Heat oven to 350. Toss cooked chicken and broccoli together. Mix soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice well, mix into the chicken mixture. Pour into a greased 13" by 9" baking pan...top with cheese. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter, and sprinkle over the cheese..bake in a 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes....

This was really good and very easy to make..I served it with green beans and an avocado salad...apple pie for dessert. It was fine, halved..and we had left overs for  tomorrow.....

Our weather is getting fall like more and more....the nights are getting cooler, down into the low 50s...which is chilly for us after all the hot weather.....the days are in the high 70s and 80s...tomorrow morning I am going to  help Alan re key a property in Poway..which is east of San Diego......he may have another job also..... I'll take the camera!

6 comments:

  1. Recipe sounds good Dani..I do not care for Chicken breast but I think I will like this and I know Billy will..Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to make this recipe Dani. Thanks for posting it. I also enjoy your pictures of the wonderful places you visit. My son lives in Yuma and when he and the wife need a break they go to San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, sounds delicious. Did you use regular mayo or do you think one of the lite version would work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds wonderful..I will definately try this one!!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just used what I had which was regular mayo...don't know if the light version would work, probably, but no promises....also, Nancy..I used chicken thigh meat, not breast meat....and it was wonderful...leftover turkey would be delish too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy and congratultions on your win :)

    I LOVE GBP!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?