Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Raisin Muffins


I get the Paula Deen newsletter and today she was featuring apple recipes...which I sorely need with 3 bushels sitting in the kitchen...I found these muffins that sounded so good so of course, made some this morning....

Apple Raisin Muffins

1 cup water
2 cups sugar (I made these sugar free and used Splenda)
2 cups grated apple
2 cups raisins
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (sounds like Paula Deen doesn't it?)
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 t. baking soda
3 1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the water, sugar, apple, raisins, butter and spices in a saucepan and heat to boiling...Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool completely.

In a large bowl, stir the nuts and baking soda into the flour. Add the cooled cooked mixture to the bowl and stir until blended..it will be stiff. Fill greased (Pam) muffin tins (she calls for miniature ones, I used regular) Bake for 15 minutes...they can be frozen..makes 5 dozen miniatures or in my case 10 large ones....

They are just full of good things, apple, raisin, nuts and cinnamon..what's not to like?

We woke  up to thunder, lightening and rain....what a change from the hot weather! its alot cooler too, Alan so far hasn't had any jobs so is outside working in the backyard under dark skies....
I completed the first of the redwork towels.

I got the pattern from Pattern Bee
she has the nicest vintage patterns and does us stitchers a real service by making them into useable transfers again....
tonight I will draw the winner of my giveaway and make the announcement tomorrow..still a few hours left to enter..I will make the drawing at 6:00 this evening, Pacific time....

4 comments:

  1. Love the redwork towels. What a great job!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That towel is so cute. I love redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look scrumptious!.

    I made whole wheat muddins yesterday, just plain with oatmeal.


    Beautiful embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is "yum!" Love the redwork too!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?