Thursday, September 2, 2010

Candle Mats, a 50s House and Cats


Here is the unfinished new candle mat..I think I like this pattern the best..hopefully I'll get it finished today....working on a second one...its square and its a new pattern too....
I also am changing my blog background to a more fall one....
yesterday we re keyed a house in Santa Ana...nice town with many 1950s houses..this house had been tastefully remodeled, still keeping the feel of the 1950s or at least I thought so.....the yard was wonderful with many tropical palm trees and plants...


The double front doors are really lovely with etched glass inserts...


They had retiled the kitchen and left the vintage cabinets.....


It wasn't entirely redone..probably lost the house before completion...but did finish the master bath..I liked the bathroom sink..what is that type of sink called? a vessel? I liked it but Alan didn't...he's a traditional guy...


It is really nice a nice house for the right family..3 bedroom, two bath...lots of storage which our house lacks......
to close this post.... a few funny cat photos..

.



have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful candle mat. Great handiwork there! Love the house as well!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only houses were priced reasonably in these beautiful areas of the country. But I guess there is good reason to have to pay more for the climate and setting. It leaves me stuck in the, shall we say, uglier areas of our land!!!

    What a lovely mat you are making!

    The kitties are so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1950's house remind me of growing up in West Los Angeles. I hate to see them torn down and replaced with bigger houses but that is happening on some streets on the west side. Your candle mat s lovely.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the house. Its too good for me.

    The kitties are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic blog! I don't think Ive seen all the angles of this subject the way you have pointed them out. You are a true star, a rock star man. You have got so much to say and know so much about the subject.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?