Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week

This is little Lucas...he is a Poodle, Toy/Bichon Frise mix...another senior at 8 years old..how old is that in doggy years....54? he is very healthy and had to be given up as his owner could no longer keep him.....the man brought him in crying as he loved him so.....times are tough...the first few days in the shelter are tough on the dogs too as they are confused and scared...most new comers are kept separate from the other dogs, given comfort and attention...if you think you'd like to help financially or as a volunteer or are interested in Lucas...please go to Sun City K-9 Rescue
I follow quite a few blogs...and one I am very fond of is Johanna Parker Design..she is a wonderful artist and I know you will enjoy clicking on the link and visiting her blog today.....very festive..I'm not going to say more, just go over and see if I'm right.......all I needed was some eggnog and holiday music to go along with me....
I am resisting the urge to start decorating this blog for Christmas...I will have to use all my self control to wait but did cave in on my other blog, Daniv's Newsletter..I posted a great video on there too, about candy cane making in a small town.......

2 comments:

  1. how sweet is that face? we've had a discussion in our household about what to do with the dogs if we had to change our lives drastically - Blessed because my brother and sister in law both love small dogs and take in new ones all the time. would hate to have to give one up! aargh - you do a great thing helping this shelter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell my plasma so that my dogs can get their medicines! Anything for my pets. I am so glad the rescue exists where you are and elsewhere. I hope Lucas gets a home, he is a sweet-looking old gentleman doggie.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?