Monday, November 9, 2009

Postcard Collections

As you may know, if you've followed my blog for very long, I have a collection of vintage postcards..mainly Valentines but also a few other holidays.....I love old graphics and such.......thought I'd post some of these Thanksgiving ones again...you can use these on your blog or in making cards, etc...public domain entirely.......

For quite a while I collected postcards of my husbands hometown, Independence, Iowa...bought them on Ebay and I am finding that the cards are getting rare and cost big bucks now..cards I bought for 3 or 4 dollars are now listed at $25-30 each! So postcard collecting can be a profitable hobby and an enjoyable one...it doesn't take as much room either as other collectibles. A few albums on a bookshelf is alot better than crowded shelves of knick knacks...

Another one of my friends, Judy of Judy's Postcards Plus
has an interesting blog and she sells postcards. It would be a good way to start an enjoyable hobby and also is good for young collectors. If I had a grandchild, I think I'd get them started, depending on their interests....our youngest has a large collection of baseball cards but they are not as popular right now...I advised him to hang onto them for the future.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Dani I love the postcard you put up today! Thanks for sharing it!

    I have some, too, but as you note, they have gotten so much more expensive and valuable now...I display them seasonally on a ribbon board...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dani I picked some extra winners and you were one. It will be a smaller gift, but I think you will like. I will need your address so please come over to Prairie Flower and give me your address!

    I could't find an email address for you. sorry.

    Blessings, Linda
    Prairie Flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful postcard! Where I live there are no thrift shops, Salvation Army, Goodwill or anything of that sort :)so I will just enjoy them online, beautiful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful thing to collect, Dani! I'm sure they will only increase in value as they become more rare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too enjoy the graphics on the old post cards.

    How fun that you collect them.

    Thanks for the eye candy!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congradulations on your win Dani! I saw you on another email today. Nect post I will share with ya! Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?