Thursday, November 5, 2009

Newletters

I get several newsletters every month and this month, got a one I just have to tell you about...I don't know about you, but I like to craft something special for the holidays every year and usually make my own cards..the ones for friends and family........Vintage Image Craft.com has come out with a ebook of vintage Christmas cards with the images and directions on how to make 10 unique cards that I guarantee will wow your loved ones..most of them are made with things you probably already have...its an immediate download too so you will have plenty of time to get them finished..
Scott and Martin are the clever people who are behind this site ....please check the site out and sign up for their newsletter....lots of free ideas, images and inspiration..and no, I do not get any compensation for mentioning them...I just like to share when I find something so terrific....here is a photo of one of their easier and fun ideas.....

The directions to make these candles is on the site, under Christmas and the images are free for the taking...these would be fun to do with children ..when our boys were little, I always included them in baking and crafting.
I ordered the ebook last night and am looking forward to working on the cards...have to pull together my paper crafting stuff....the little chest of drawers I keep everything in is in chaos right now......!!
Another newsletter I get, twice a month is HillBilly Housewife...Susanne is the owner and the goal is low cost, home cooking from scratch..everyone is trying to save $ ...there are not only food recipes but recipes for other necessities like laundry soap and ideas to save in all areas of the house.....readers send in recipes and ideas that have worked for them too.....the newsletter is free..there are emergency menus starting at $45 a week, bread machine recipes, homemade convenience foods, etc.

I really don't think things in the country are going to get better any time soon...despite what some of the news stations report....so its going to pay us in the long run to be frugal. When times are good, squirrel away for the lean times......personally, our income fluctuates quite a bit from month to month, depending on how busy we are.......I am learning to live with this type of income...can't say I've mastered it yet......for over 25 years we had a good income and probably splurged more than we should have at times.....like most people...now I am having to learn to use everything and not waste as much....and deeply appreciate everything we do get......
Living now like my parents and grandparents did...no charging, saving for what we want and knowing the difference between wants and needs........
now..
I have a few prayer requests......please pray for the health of my dear friends husband, Joseph..he had to go to the ER yesterday afternoon with severe heart pain.....just terrible pain..turns out he has a very tiny blood vessel blockage and will be treated with medication. His EKG came back ok..and is feeling a little better this morning.....
also we will be trying a loan modification on our house......please pray we can keep it.....our lender called us with the idea so we thought we'd try.......our loan adjusts in January, yikes!

4 comments:

  1. Dani~ those candles are great! I'll have to check those out, the vintage images fit right in with my post today on my ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I think that it's a real good sign that your lender mentioned the chance for a loan mod for you...keeping my fingers crossed and you in my prayers...I so hope you can keep your house, obviously!!!

    Thanks for sharing that interesting site you like, I am going to go over there and see how to make those candles, those are just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those candles are so neat, Dani! Sounds like an interesting site... and I have been to Hillbilly Housewife's site before- she has some wonderful ideas and tips.
    Will be praying for your friend and for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani - you've been such a good friend to www.vintageimagecraft.com! Thank you. We are wishing the best for you and your husband. Scott & Martin

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?