Saturday, November 28, 2009

These came in the mail today....the little gold shoe ornaments I won from Penniwigs !!
so pretty, and festive....please visit her blog when you get the chance if you haven't already...
they will have a place of honor on our tree...
This Saturday has been a quiet day for us..both of the boys are at the dog rescue so the house is very quiet.....its also a rainy day, it really poured last night, has sprinkled on and off all day...a real blessing...we are wondering if that means a wet winter...everyone here hopes so as we've had 4 years of drought.....we've been watching old black and white movies this afternoon and eating turkey sandwiches......Nick and Nora "The Thin Man" and others......

Yesterday ..my clothes dryer kept going and going......and the clothes weren't drying..the heating element seemed ok..so Alan took it apart and discovered the entire inside was clogged up with lint....he got the shop vac and cleaned it all out...works fine now so something that needs to be done every so often......I always clean out the lint trap but the lint had worked its way down into the workings of the dryer itself...could have started a fire.....we were thankful we found out about it before anything happened......I know one day we'll need a new one..we've had this set about 10 years. So if you haven't cleaned out your dryer...you may want to....on ours the front bottom panel pops out..........

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that tip about the dryer! I have noticed an awful lot of lint blows out of the vent...can't be good for the machine...

    I will ask my husband to check on its innards!

    Oooo, tacky giveaway prize!!! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous shoes, I love these ornaments! I got some beautiful earrings from Dame Penniwig and wear them all the time. She does have something for everyone and I adore the winter tags I got from you Dani! I love the Banner picture you have chosen for Winter/Fall. I bought a dryer vent hose cleaner and I doubt my DH has done anything with it. He hasn't done much since his illness. But, we were told recently since our appliances that came with our house in 2003 are NOT energy efficient anymore that it would pay to buy new, BUT, we CAN'T! Anyway, Have a lovely Sunday! Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found her blog first, and then yours from hers. haha. I love both blogs! :0)

    I'm so glad you guys were able to solve your dryer problems, and caught them in time! Our dryer went out last Wednesday. My husband took it apart and can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. He's thinking that it may be the wiring. While it's been a tragic loss, this past week, I can't help but praise God for that old thing. It was given to us, cost free, nearly six years ago. In a weird twist of fate, we found nearly three dollars in quarters when my husband took the front of the dryer off. I happily spent every last one of them at the local laundromat. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani.
    Que sapatinhos bonitihos. Adoráveis!!!!!!!!!
    Um abraço

    Sol

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?