Tuesday, March 25, 2008



this is the famous Twin Inns of Carlsbad, Ca.....we've drove by it many times however never went there for supper....the rooster in the parking lot has been there for decades.....why is it called the twin inns? because at one time there was a similar inn in Oceanside, I remember it when we first moved there in the 1960s, but it was an empty shell, and soon after burned down...here is a photo of it in its heyday..


I started either a cold or an bad allergy yesterday afternoon, all congested and have a sore throat this morning....kinda hope its a cold as that will go away sooner.

we had stuffed baked potatoes last night for supper...Alan went to the store and bought the largest ones he could find and I cooked up some chicken tenders...then we added all the fixins...butter, sour cream, cheese...I made a salad too, from the lettuce we've grown, tomatoes and avocado....since I am trying to lose weight, just had a salad with the chicken tenders on top...it was quite good too...and a slice of cantaloupe for dessert...
I especially like this label for some reason..always been partial to plaid...my scotland heritage, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is my favorite one to Dani..I wish I would have known sooner that you were going to post the nice labels....I just paid $15.00 for a C D with labels...and yours are just as nice.
    Hope you feel better soon :)
    Nancy
    Hugginshaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that label, Dani! My husband just brought a old wooden fruit box home for me complete with an apple label. I don't know how old it really is, but it has an old time look and I love it! He got it for $1 ... I wouldn't have been happier with a diamond!

    Thanks for sharing your labels. They're so lovely.

    Hope you are feeling better. And best wishes on your weight goals. I really need to do something too. It is so hard to cook for everyone else and not eat it myself. I suppose it is just lack of self control, but food is just so yummy! LOL

    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?