Tuesday, March 4, 2008



Here are 3 ladies from the Victorian era....a studio photo.....lovely dresses

Our mourning doves have returned! They are building a new nest in the same tree...how fun! as I said in an earlier post, I wasn't sure if they would nest in the same place but that question has been answered....guess they didn't like the gourd birdhouse, it would have been too small for them anyway....its amazing to me...once the eggs are laid, its only about 10-12 days until they hatch...they usually have two eggs...the babies stay in the nest about another 12 days or so and then start venturing on their own....last year the two babies hid under our rose bushes...we have one climbing rose bush that is huge until they got more confidence...

Our nectarine tree is going to start blooming any time now...its covered with buds and there are a few that have opened...I want to post a photo when its covered with pink flowers...hope we get a few nectarines this year...

also I wanted to mention that the EZshoppe yard sale doesn't start officially until tomorrow, the 5th..they are going to have drawings and games so don't miss getting in on the fun....prizes too! I am not doing it this year but my dear friend Nancy is so please take a look. She has some nice things listed, over 100 items..

3 comments:

  1. Aren't doves a delight? My mil has a basket hanging on her back porch and the mourning doves return every year to lay their eggs. They don't even move when everyone sits on the porch to visit.

    Can't wait for that yard sale! I've even had a couple of my friends call to comment on how wonderful it is.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will continue listing all week so keep checking back. I have a lot of boxes of items in the garage waiting for a garage sale but I am going to try and get out there this week end and haul some more in to list.
    I have over 140 items listed right now and am hoping to have a lot more by the time it starts tomorrow.
    Who would have thought of such a great idea...Go to a yard sale in your chair in front of your computer. That was some pretty smart thinking but I also know it must have been a lot of work setting it up....I know it was a lot of work listing it all but it sure will be nice to move some more stuff out of here that we don't need and maybe someone else will like.
    Thanks for your help and motivation.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nest building is really going on here, too! It's fun to watch the doves as they walk along the ground to find just the right piece of hay in the goat enclosure. Not sure what makes it just right, but they keep putting certain ones down . . . then! oops, this is just right! I see lots of junk hanging out of the bird house -- don't know if it's coming out or going in! I love to throw out sewing scraps. Blue Jays seem to like them the most.

    Cora

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?