Saturday, March 15, 2008




Hello, I usually post first thing in the morning, but my computer wouldn't go online, evidently a plug was pulled out.....this has happened before....

I really like this label...the palm tree avenue is so pretty...Riverside is north of us about 50 minutes away......when I was a little girl, about 10 or 11, my grandmother became very ill with cancer..my mother went to Spokane to be with her for a month, my brother and I spent the month with my aunt and uncle who lived in Riverside at the time and their two teenage daughters....this was in about 1960/61...the girls would listen to rock and roll...first time I had ever heard it and get phone calls from their boyfriends...they'd get so mad at me cuz I would tease them so much..think they were glad when we went home!
Uncle Bill had a cat he called Mrs. Stupid....the cat had been Stupid until she got pregnant and then she was Mrs. Stupid....she had a litter of kittens while we were there which was an experience for us too......neither my brother or I had seen animals being born before....I don't know if Bob (my brother) remembers this, he was just a little guy, only about 4 or 5 years old.....
When my parents came to pick us up, we all went out to this Italian restaurant that my uncle raved about before we went home....they put us in a private room with murals on the wall....at this time in Riverside, there were many great restaurants and Riverside was an elegant town....sadly, like all things, the town has a bad reputation now although they are trying to revive the downtown.

I intend on posting some photos of old southern California in the future....the way I remember it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?