Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oceanside Pier



Oceanside has had 6 piers since the late 1880s, each one damaged by storms and replaced..the last pier was built opened in 1987 after a bad storm broke off the end around 1985 or so.....it is 1900 ft. long and a nice walk...there is a good restaurant on the end....its a Ruby's and has great burgers....we've eaten there several times...here is a more recent photo



Also on this gray Monday morning, I wanted to remember post one of the vintage fruit crate labels, didn't want to disappoint you....

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Dani, that photo of the pier is gorgeous! Looks like a postcard! I just wanted to let you know I stopped by, and I'll be back... (And I LOVE the music- you can't help but to tap your foot along with a Scott Joplin tune!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love ragtime as you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go for burgers there with you, Dani!!!!! Wouldn't that be fun???? Just beautiful! I love eating over the water.

    And I LOVE these labels! I'm saving every one of them!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, Cora...it would be fun.....they play 1950s music and its very retro..great food and fun to watch out all the windows over the water

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?