Friday, March 28, 2008

Aprons!




I inherited two aprons from my grandmother and my mom...Grandma always wore a apron over her pretty house dresses...my mom wore hers for 'slacks'.....during the holidays, Grandma and Mom had festive ones....I am glad to see aprons coming back into the main stream again...so pretty.....I just won this pattern on Ebay and will soon be getting my sewing machine out...hope I can make at least some simple ones.....I joined a new group that is forming called Apronista yesterday...its for anyone who loves aprons, either making them, wearing them or collecting them...
I am ready for something new....they are still accepting members so if you are interested, let me know and I can send you an invitation.....

I found this label and it reminded me of Buck Rodgers.....



The cold is still with me and now our oldest son is coming down with it too......not good as he works so hard at the dog rescue...they got a lot of new dogs in...I went there yesterday so see them....they had some very cute sweet pups.....tempting but Alan is a cat person totally...the one I really liked is a miniature Italian Greyhound, his name is Giovanna.....the lady holding him works at the rescue, her name is Kim.

He's small, only about 10 lbs...elegant looking, calm and sweet.....a wonderful pet....he was found wandering the neighborhood, and was turned in....they always advertise the dogs heavily in the area to find the owners and 60% of the time, the dogs are reunited but no one came forward to claim this little guy.....I know he will get a good home.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't handle leaving that Dog behind...That is why I could never go to a rescue place for pets. Billy is more for Dogs (even though we have 3 cats and they all like to sit in his lap) and I don't think either one of us could leave without something in our car licking us all the way home. We do already have the 2 girls but I have been thinking about getting a little Poodle mix for Billy...he still misses Keoki.
    I guess we are just suckers...they are more work than kitties though :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?