Saturday, March 29, 2008



Good Saturday Morning! There is a change in our weather.....its been warm all week, but today its overcast and cooler, the weather people say it could rain....that would be a good thing anyway....supposed to be in the 60s here today...it has been a lot warmer in the 80s.....

I cut up a old vintage dresser scarf and have it ready to sew into an apron..but need to find some additional material for the ties...not enough in the scarf for that....I'll have to look through my fabric pile and see if there is anything otherwise go to Walmart......each end of the scarf has tulips so I cut off the opposite side and am using it as a deep pocket on the front..the scarf is rather wide so I didn't need to add anything on the sides to widen it......its a solid pink linen with pink/white crocheted edging....with white tulips....got it at an estate sale. I will need to get some pink thread also.

Our little mourning dove mama has two babies in the nest.....we noticed a lot of movement the other day, she was feeding them.....they won't be in the nest very long and she'll be on her second clutch of eggs....she picked a good spot for her nest...she is very concealed and can't even been seen at all from above..which is good as we do have quite a few hawks. When we first moved here, I put up a bird feeder which was very popular with all the local birds until a little falcon decided to make it his personal cafeteria...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops!

    Can't wait to see your apron, Dani! LOVE dresser scarves!

    I know what you mean about the bird feeders! An owl took up residence in my bird house and the little birds are just having a fit over it. Hope he is just passing through!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just drop by to say hello.Have a wonderful weekend.Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grilled steaks sounds good to me.I love to grill out.Hope you had a good time.Thanks for dropping by also.Susan

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?