Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Usually on Wednesday I have dog of the week...but we have been a little busy....yesterday Don came home and said he had to move the duck out of the rescue..evidently they're only licensed for dogs...and wanted to know if we would take her..of course, we did...then while we were gone picking up Tuppence from the vet (she was spayed yesterday) he came and set the ducks pen up in the side yard......so now we are the owner not only of 4 cats but a duck also......Alan has named her Quack.....she loves the side yard and has been going through the bark, eating bugs as far as we can figure....she has a pool to swim in with a ramp....I don't know much about ducks so am going to look up duck care online..anyone had one? Don brought over food and seed so we are ok for now....this side of the house is the warmest and in the summer, we'll have to move her to the other grassy side where she can stay cool.......Alan's planning on building a little shelter for her..right now she's using a dog kennel.......where she laid an egg last night! guess her new home has met with her approval....


This is one of those upside planters for tomatoes that are advertised on TV....I've been wondering for so long if they are any good or not......saw them for sale at Home Depot so we decided to go for it...I got a little Early Girl plant to start us off...I'll let you know if this is going to be successful or not....we used Miracle Grow garden soil so its got a good start.......
Anyone else used these before?

Tomorrow...Lemon Sourcream Pie! another blast from the past recipe

9 comments:

  1. Nope, never had one but Quack is a cutie!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. had ducks when we were kids but all I remember is my mom accidentally killing one when it jumped up by the clothes line and pecked the buttons on my dad's white dress shirts - she slung a garden hose to shoo it away and caught it just right. Our neighbors proceeded to have roast duck for supper - all happened while we were away in school - don't remember grieving much. Obviously not what you asked but the memory just popped up! Glad you are already getting eggs - that is a nice extra. Are you going to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...Quack is home for good..we let her go out onto the lawn this afternoon and she loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you get the privledge of having Quack live with you. Oh I wish I could meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a sweet thing....loves to be scratched and really likes people..especially women....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told Joseph about Alan naming the duck "Quack" and he really had a good laugh... then said, "that sounds like Alan"(something he would do). Thanks for the cheer, Ol' Sock!
    Hugs in Jesus,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a duck..having 8 sons we did have a variety of pets but never a duck.
    I wish we lived near a Home Depot...I have wanted to try one of the tomatoe upside down planters...let us know how well it works and good luck with quack :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still think u should have named the Duck- Snowy Belle. she is white and beautiful. :) loved that yall adopted the Duck. Cant wait to hear more stories. I used to have one that followed me everywhere when I was young and slept with me in my bed. I wouldnt mind having one as a pet but not sure how my boyfriend wuld react to it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wondered about those upside down planters, let us know how it works. Quack is so pretty! I haven't had ducks since I was a kid, so I don't really remember anything about them.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?