Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mom's Recipe Box.....Stuffed Ground Beef, Yum!



My family is sure enjoying going through the recipe box....this last week I made these stuffed ground beef and served with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus.....a real meat and potatoes meal for my men.......unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo....but wanted to share and recommend this recipe...its a keeper for a cool evening.....

Stuffed Ground Beef

2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 eggs, well beaten
1 c. dry bread crumbs (I use Panko crumbs)
1/2 c. milk
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 cups herb or cornbread stove top stuffing
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 can water

Mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Divide into 16 portions. Flatten into thin patties. Make up stuffing mix following the package directions. Put about 1/4 cup on top of half the patties....Place second patty on top and press around the edges to seal in the stuffing....Remove stuffed patties to a shallow baking pan..Bake in a 400 oven for about 25 minutes. Mix soup and water well and pour over patties..turn down heat to 350..Bake for another 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.....we didn't need this much so I halved it...delicious.....

Here is a photo of the great cook..my mom, Gladys..




I've just been informed I will be having another Blog Spark giveaway soon.....this time I'll be giving away some Betty Crocker products..a stainless steel mixing bowl, a silicon baking dish, a oven mitt, a Betty Crocker mixing spoon + $25.00 gift card...so please be sure to check back...!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a delicious dinner. Hoping you are having spring like weather.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try this...sounds good..

    What a pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl Im going to make this for Saturday dinner:) Ill let you know how it turns out Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom 's photo is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. A foto de sua mãe é mesmo muito bonita.
    A receita, Mmmm... eu vou tentar fazer e depois te convido para ver a foto. Deve ser uma delícia!
    Abraços e obrigada por compartilhar.
    Hugs

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani, I made this for dinner tonight with roasted sweet potatoe wedges and sweet corn. My hubby just loved it. I wanted you to know even my daughter and son in law loved it too! Thanks for a great recipe to your mom:) Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?