Sunday, March 14, 2010

Its been a few days since I last posted..we've been busy outside! Its just been so wonderful and perfect weather..in the high 60s and sunny every day....Alan goes out first thing and makes a fire in our little outdoor fireplace while I make him hot chocolate and my coffee...we have a wonderful morning breakfast together around the fire......then we spend the morning, either working in the garden, pulling weeds, replanting, and cleaning up after our wet winter......the duck is set loose and she has fun working her way around the lawn, looking for bugs and other goodies...she loves weeds ...Alan has had some locksmith work also, (it hasn't been all fun and games) but its a nice way to start the spring......the fruit trees, nectarine and peach are ready to bloom...we can only hope we don't get a killing frost which happened last year....

I decided to make a few extra fabric roses...this time I painted them a pink...

I diluted red paint down and I think they came out pretty..we actually have some real roses that are around the same color....! There is no glue, all stitched.....

8 comments:

  1. I think they're gorgeous! Pink is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! If you'd said you picked them from your garden, I would have believed you! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani - they look like Tropicana roses - old favorite and so vivid - might just be how they look on my computer monitor - but yes you have a keeper with your fabric roses making. Your mornings sound wonderful - we like starting the day together too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just gorgeous. The petals are glowing, just like real roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painted roses look wonderful..I just bought some fake silk roses from $ tree and they are pretty but not nearly as pretty as yours...Pop on over and enter to win my give away when you have time..I have already added a second secret prize for the winner.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are in my etsy shop now..if anyone is interested

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Saint Patricks Day to you!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?