Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I painted the roses..they look a bit bright, even though I watered down the paint...what do you think? I need to make some leaves also..been experimenting but haven't found the exact right fabric yet....I used branches for the stems from our African sumac tree......I am partial to yellow roses......a nice bit of cheerful color in the winter/early spring time..our regular roses aren't blooming yet......anyone could use some silk leaves to tuck in the vase...? anyway just a thought...

Our oldest son is moving back in...the bird is returning to the nest..guess it takes a few tries to get it right.......so our boarder is sharing a room with our youngest..as they are good friends, its not a problem..we are now a family of 5......plus the 4 cats, duck and 4 turtles...turtles? guess I didn't tell you, Don brought them home last week......they are happily in a little plastic pond on the side of the house...we gave them some goldfish to play and munch on.....they are red sliders.I couldn't get a good photo of them but here is a stock one
I've always liked turtles and tortoises..so wasn't a problem when he asked to bring them home...I did draw the line on the snake though!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the yellow you chose. So cheerful!

    You have a housefull now!!! We used to have a box turtle but finally overnighted it to a turtle rescue in Eastern Washington because the dogs just would NOT leave the poor thing alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Dani..The Roses are beautiful..I Love Yellow Roses and they would look awesome in my hall bathroom (Yes that bathroom is very old fashion and vintage looking)
    Your house is starting like mine did years ago when all 8 boys were living at home :)
    My #6 son (Mark) has a pond and waterfall in his yard with fish and turtles and they go hunt worms to feed the turtles (plus they buy other things to feed them)
    Is that the Rose pattern like the one I have? I made mine out of printed Calico but LOVE yours..You should share them in the group...they would all love to see them.
    Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all think alike, I love yellow roses also, much better that a red. The lighter colors seem to last longer. I got peach color for Valentine's Day. I can't remember if I posted them or not.

    You are an excellent artist and the leaves will come I am sure. I love working with fabric rather than sewing at the machine.

    We also had a turtle for my daughter when she was young. He lived in a fish aquarium, he got out and we later found him near the bathtub, poor little guy!

    Now I use the tops to aquariums I find at the thrift to dry my flowers on. they work fabulously!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREEEEEEE! HA! Been there... SO "done that"! You will be in my prayers! May it be a time of incredible blessing!!
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses make me think Spring is finally here! It took me several tries of moving out to get it right too, lol! How cool that y'all have turtles!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?