Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mom's Recipe Box.....Lemon Sour Cream Pie



Mom used to clip alot of good sounding recipes too.....I found this clipping and decided to make it..I made our sugar free using Splenda.

Normally I used the pie crust recipe from Pioneer Woman
but couldn't find it among my recipe cards and my computer was on the fritz so used another one....not as good but it did work..kinda..please excuse the messy edges...it didn't roll out very well......

Lemon Sour Cream Pie
6 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. salt
3 egg yolks
2 T. grated lemon peel
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 cups milk (I used low fat)
1 c. + 2 T. sugar (I used Splenda, same amount)
9 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1 pint sour cream
Baked 9" pastry shell
1 c. whipping cream (I used sugar free cool whip)
Combine cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, lemon peel, milk, 1 cup sugar and food coloring in a medium pan...Cook and stir over medium high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Boil gently 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly (I used a whip)..Cool completely. Beat in sour cream until smooth. Pour into cooked pie shell, chill until set and top with either whipped cream or Cool whip....
I've made this twice and both times, its been excellent......






Hope you enjoy this blast from the past...its very good, honest!

4 comments:

  1. looks just yummy! I love lemony things and with the sour cream sounds so luscious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting that recipe! It is a KEEPER. It's so hard to find authentic cream pie recipes. The modern ones all seem to call for gelatin...nothing like the original kinds of pies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm!Looks delicious. Don't know what you mean about the crust -- isn't that what they are supposed to look like?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?