Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday


After resting most of the weekend..I am on the mend..no more coughing and feeling 80% better so thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.....this week I am concentrating on baking and such...and will post a few recipes in a day or so.

Our younger son and I are going to make cookies to give to a few of the neighbors and send some out to the dog rescue...I found some new and different cooky recipes to try but will also make some old favorites....I think I will dig up my grandmothers recipe for lemon bars..she called them Lemon O Nut bars....they were wonderful......she would send us a box every Christmas with cookies, and lemon bars...little surprises too....like jigsaw puzzles and coloring books when we were little.....I wonder if my brother remembers?

8 comments:

  1. oh goody cookies I love me some cookies!
    Im happy your feeling better...happy returns to a healthy day. blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, those germs were really tough ones! They took a long time to shake off!!! Begone, germies!!!

    Those Lemon O Nut bars sound so delish...I love lemon, it's such a fresh flavor...kind of exotic without being weird, too...

    I loved the little 5-and-Dime things my Granny sometimes sent...she was poorer than poor so even a 10 cent book was hard for her to get...I really loved her so much...the bright spot in my very sad childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to hear that you are feeling better and up for some baking!

    Blessings for a wonderful holiday season!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. They took a long time to shake off!!! Begone, germies!!!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dani, hope you are 100% recovered by now

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture, Dani- I almost bought a copy of it at All posters.com... the cookies are such a sweet gesture- they sound delicious, too.
    Glad you're feeling better- I think you gave it to me.. (just kidding) my throat has been so sore and now my nose is stopped up... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They took a long time to shake off!!! Begone, germies!!!

    kobe beef

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?