Friday, July 21, 2017

A Doll Buggy and More

I also inherited my mama's doll buggy. She had stored it out in a shed so it was rather dirty when we brought it home. But it is in very good condition. Even the tires have their original rubber on them.We did paint it as the white paint that it originally had yellowed considerably. This is probably as old as Rosemary. Mom was born in 1919. So this is from the 1920s also.
I've always liked it and thought of many ways to use it as a display piece. Not only for a doll, but it would be darling sitting next to a fireplace filled with wrapped Christmas gifts or greenery.

I cherish both Rosemary and this doll buggy. I hope to pass them on one day who will cherish them as much as I do.
Mama told me once she had a tiny iron toy stove too. A toy that she took out into the yard and actually cooked on. I've seen these on Ebay but never had one.

Here is a picture of one I found online
I have found a couple of the accessories for such a stove...a coal shuttle and a cooking pot.

                The cooking pot is a "spider" with legs on it.

As I said before, you can find them on Ebay...here is a link for such a listing...Cresent Stove-Toy

In my next post, I'll share the quilts I also inherited...from the 1920s and 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?