Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

Alan took off early this morning for the airport..he's flying back to Iowa for his mom's funeral.....I was invited too but absolutely have an aversion to flying and heights...my one phobia.....something I guess I will have to deal with one day...he is meeting one of his sisters in Dallas so will have someone to visit with in the last leg of the trip, he hasn't seen her since his dad's funeral, some 20 years ago so they will have alot of catching up to do....it takes about 4 hours to get to Iowa.....he took my camera with him as its small and easy to carry...so no new photos this week..he will be back on Friday.

I am planning on doing alot of needed house cleaning and organizing...plus do some stitching as I am going to open a new Etsy shop soon.....and want some new things to put it in....ordered several new patterns from Rhonda at Primitive Stitches plus I am experimenting with the 1886 Ingalls collection to see how some of the antique patterns will look in black work....I found a lovely pattern of a birds nest that I want to stitch..I think it will look outstanding in black work....here is the sheet so you can see..the year 1886 has significance to me as it was the year my grandfather was born....

 I am thinking the bird and birds nest will be very nice framed and have the holly berries beaded rather than stitched....I haven't looked through the entire catalog yet..there are so many patterns..not all are suitable for stitching, some were designed for other venues...painting mainly....its fun to look through..not only to see the pretty patterns but also the patterns reflect the life style of the times....several sheets of laundry themes with women and girls bending over sinks with washboards..ironing with the old fashioned irons that we love to collect today.....you can also see what fashions were common then..notice her bustle....

so if you are so inclined...head on over there and enjoy going back to 1886 for a few minutes.....

3 comments:

  1. Very nice patterns Dani. I like the Ingall`s collection too. I have a natural bustle,Ha! Has your weather cooled?

    Take care and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dani..I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law, I pray your husband has a safe trip. Where in Iowa will he be going? We live in Sioux City, Iowa.

    Love all these patterns, thanks for sharing them with us.

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on the flying, Dani... I had to fly once when I was working to a meeting and that was enough for me.
    That's a really neat idea using an old catalog for stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?