Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finished!

Over the weekend, I finished Jaydon's baby afghan...think it turned out nicely for not having crocheted in about 10 years or so.....still have a little yarn left over so decided to make a matching toy..already have the bear hat which I posted about before.....I found the cutest pattern for a bunny...the pattern is from Lion Brand yarn....this photo is from the website and I will make it the same colors as the afghan..green and blue..what do  you think..blue with green ears or just the opposite?
.
of course..I am going to embroider the eyes, no buttons for the little guy to swallow....I couldn't resist this little bunny's floppy ears.....
Alan went to the trailer the kids are renting to re key the two sheds for their storage...and says its very nice with plenty of room.....and the park is very clean and well maintained...our son says he found out they have a pool and a spa also in the park which delighted them both.....he's been moving things in all this last week..so it won't be long until we will have an empty room....I will miss them....

We called about the real estate help and are in the process to be accepted....have to get our "ducks in a row" they will be sending us a packet of information to fill out and mail back....it takes about 35-40 days to be approved....if  you are reading this and are having problems with your mortgage...behind in payments or something else..and live in California...here is the link..the  program is called Keep Your Home California...I don't know if we will be approved but at least we are doing everything we can and trusting the Lord for whatever His will is.....
We had another quiet holiday..we did barbecue some rib eye steaks, corn on the cob...potato salad and I made a peach jello parfait for desert.....we hadn't had steak in some time and it was a real treat!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely afghan! I think either way you go with the bunny would be cute. Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Dani~ LOVE that bunny and the afghan is gorgeous!!!! I love that we are becoming grammies together, lol, I'm gonna *bet* yours comes first if it's only 3 weeks away, my DIL has 6 wks. to go;) My son has a week long out in the field thing sometime this month so she's hoping it won't come early:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful afghan, the crocheting looks perfect. the bunny will be cute..yes those ears are what make it! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. The afghan is awesome Dani..That is the kind I like to make (which I don't do real often) They are very time consuming..I think I would make the bunny green with blue ears and very smart idea to crochet the eyes.
    I'm sure your house is a little empty right now but don't be surprized if you soon will have a lot of company:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaydon's baby afghan turned out beautiful! The bunny is so adorable... it will be cute to match the afghan colors.

    Yes, trusting the Lord. John 16: 33 says "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world". God doesn't promise to protect us from problems on this earth. Instead he promises to give us the courage to face our problems with His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your afghan looks great! I`m liking green with blue ears for your bunny. I adore Lion Brand patterns too.

    Good luck with your house. I hope it works out for your. Talk about stress! I`m praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani- you did a wonderful job on the afghan, but the bunny made me squeal! You should make some up and sell them!
    I hope you hear some good news from the program....

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable bunny design - green with blue ears? Best wishes on the mortgage help - you ARE doing everything you can and that is all one can do (in addition to the foundation of prayer!)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?