Thursday, July 28, 2011

Road Trip..Lake Wohlford


We were called to re key a house that was closing escrow in the next few days..Lake Wohlford is east of Escondido, Ca..and is renown for its good fishing.......its a stocked lake..with catfish, trout and small mouthed bass.....
The  house was old but fairly well maintained...lots of windows and storage...3 bedrooms with two wonderful rock fireplaces on 5 acres..most of which is uphill......I know the new owners will really enjoy it as I would....
I took a few snapshots inside....
hardwood floors throughout..this large room has a brick fireplace facing these large windows....
This rock fireplace is in the living room or what I would use as the living room......stepping through the brick door steps you enter the dining room and beyond is the kitchen....the hallway to the right of the fireplace leads to the 3 bedrooms....
The kitchen was small but had lots of cupboards...I rather liked the countertops even though they were old formica..they were in very good condition......
This house faced a horse ranch that was across the road ..
peaceful view
The only sounds we heard were occasional cars although it isn't a busy street...and scrub jays....saw a few hummingbirds also.....
In years past, we drive through different areas and I would try to imagine what the houses looked like inside....now I can share with  you at least some of them.....I tend to like ranch style houses the best....and ranch houses have a warmth that the large huge new box style houses can't match...

Also wanted to share this lovely handcrocheted table cloth that I inherited from Alan's mom...isn't it beautiful? I put it to show on the coffee table but won't leave it there with the cats...I'm going to keep my eye out for a round side table for it....we have one but its too small.


Also wanted to share a few odds and ends.....
here is what the wall pocket looks like now after a couple of months of drying...

Also the cooky cutter bag that my friend Nancy from Huggins Haven made for me..she is such a wonderful friend....
and last but not least a few of the "new" cooky cutters I just found at a foreclosed house....
sorry, a bit of a glare from the flash.....
Grandbaby report....Jayden is now full term and can come any time in the next two weeks!!!!
Post a Comment