Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Little Vent of sorts

We got some further news on my mother in law, Patty....(I've always called her Mom so will in this post)..Mom had a cat scan done yesterday and the cancer has spread throughout her body....the doctor says its a very aggressive type...he did suggest chemo but as it would only give her an additional two months if that..she decided not to go through the discomfort and pain......so Hospice has been called in and starts today....Hospice was very wonderful when my own mother was ill and am so thankful for such a wonderful organization....the doctor gives her 2 to 4 months....

my grandmother, my dad and one cousin died from cancer....my dad got his from exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam.... my cousin by going on a special natural foods diet program..managed to put his cancer in remission for a number of years before finally succumbing..he got an extra 10 years and was able to enjoy riding his horses and camping..things he loved to do.. his bucket list...

then you read things  in the news Canadian Researchers Obtain a Simple Cure
it sounds quite hopeful if only someone would forget the bottom line and think more about the millions who could be helped...

8 comments:

  1. I know how hard this is for you, Dani, as it seems like only yesterday that my brother suffered through this. I read the article you posted. It is so said when the bottom line of everthing is always money. Not lives saved, cures to cancer, etc ---- just good old money! I'm praying for your mother in law and for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very scary and infuriating what is being kept from us Dani, all in the name of $$$$, what a DISGRACE these companies are that prevent the use of things that could help someone, in the case of cancer...millions! She will be in my prayers as well as you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really pretty disgusting when they deny help when it is available...I wonder if anyone in the Whitehouse had the same problem would be denied..but OH wait..They have so much money they could use it for toilet paper and never miss it.
    I will be praying for your family and your M I L
    Take care Dani...lots of prayers will be going up for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Lord be with you and your
    family during this difficult time
    So agree what Nancy/Carmen post
    Thoughts and Prayers...
    Hugs... Trish-Ladybug...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, I am so sorry that your MIL has to go thru this. I will be offering all my prayers for her and for your whole family. It is so sad that they won't let people choose the options available. Please know my thoughts are with you.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dani I'm so sorry to hear this news.. and yes Cancer is such an awful disease for people to go through and to surcomb to:( My Mother died of brain cancer as did others in my family. Can only pray that God will hold them in His arms and they will no longer have any suffering...

    My prayers and blessings are with you and your family during this difficult time..

    Hugs... Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers for your mother in law.

    The FDA fights the use of natural cures. They are a friend of Big Pharma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your MIL - hospice is a wonderful organization and we were blessed with their care for my parents.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?