Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flowers and a little more

We were at the Home Depot the other day and found these wonderful Foxglove plants..I picked up one and brought it home..wish I had got more as they were on sale for only $2.00 each...these are perennial so hopefully there will be more next year... we're getting as many flowers as we can find for our back flower bed to attract hummingbirds...

We're using a rental car while the other car is in for repairs after the accident...its a new Honda and you'd think it would be comfortable but after two re key jobs yesterday..my back and side are tender.....the seats are rather stiff and hard...not like our older Honda.....Alan went by  himself today..he's going to about 24 different houses all over San Diego county to exchange lock boxes...not a fun job..but a one person one...
I took some Motrin and doing needful things around the house today.....planting a new geranium on our front porch and I wanted to show you the unique geranium I got as a start...
.
It starts out as this bright red/orange color and then as the flower matures, it turns into
into pretty red and pink...its an ivy type geranium and gently falls around the pot.....I just love it.......I stuck starts into the planting mix, not knowing at the time, what the flowers would look like..but I liked the pretty large green leaves......a nice surprise and a rescue of a plant that probably would have died at the foreclosed house......geraniums do very well here....especially on our front porch as it gets morning sun and afternoon shade when its the hottest....
 

Latest gas price
this isn't the lowest but not the highest either.....we found gas for $4.35 which was the cheapest...

Last night after working, I logged onto Facebook and every post was about Bin Ladin's death.....frankly, I had mixed fillings....how about you? as a Christian, I can't really rejoice in a death, even of an enemy...I am glad  he will no longer will troubling anyone but shudder at God's judgment...I am proud of our Seals...and pray for them as what they were required to do was both awesome and terrible...something they train for day and night...and I wonder at a President who credits himself for the deed....

3 comments:

  1. UGH, I can't stand that the president expects the credit , it all goes to the SEALS that carried out the mission! I can't say say I am "happy" about his death per say, but I am "glad" as it may help to give all families of 9-11 some closure after 10 long years, and he will never be able to plan anything disasterous again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carmen~ I think it is a little in poor taste to be gleeful over his death, but just like in any death sentence that is carried out for a horrendous crime, justice has been served.
    But for the president or any one man to take credit is wrong on so many levels... and what is REALLY applling is all the liberals who have been so vocal against this war in the first place are the ones wanting the praise for it all now. *UGH*
    Sorry, Dani, I'll jump off this tiny little soapbox of mine now. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your feelings. I was glad he was gone, but don't understand all the parties and things. I think if I was younger I would probably feel differently, but age and time changes things.

    That is some high gas. In SC it's now $3.77

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?