Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Store News

I've been working on new tea towels....and just finished this one...loved how it turned out....
The creamer is so wanting the sugar bowl to respond, however she is being rather flirty....LOL..just like a diva.....I am doing these towels in the same colors as the trim which is red, blue, green and yellow....
haven't got them washed and ironed yet you can see the hoop marks but had to show you........very good quality towels too.....they will be listed in Sweet Home Stitchery when the other 6 are done.......
I now have 15 people signed up for the giveaway so that means I will have to stitch up more tags....for every 10 people that sign up, I will add another set....the question will be how much stitching will I be doing? only a few days left until the 6th so keep me busy! the sign up tab is on the left hand side of this blog.....or just click on the Sweet Home link above...
I also listed a little raggedy but still pretty 1953 tablecloth of Queen Elizabeth's coronation...
The filet crochet is a little rough with a few holes which could be repaired so I am taking offers...would love to send this to someone who would appreciate it.....
sorry, I stand corrected on the filet crochet..its machine done very pretty...photos don't do it justice..
I have so many pretty cloths and linens..and am downsizing.....

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,
    The pattern in your tablecloth is worked on machine net. It`s quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small clue that the spaces are not filet crochet. Crochet can not be machine made. Knitting yes, crochet no. Handmade net is basically fish net and has visible little knots and is available for purchase today.

    I forgot to say your towels are cute. Your needlework is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your towels are wonderful, Dani~ you do such good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dish towels and am thinking about them for some Christmas gifts..you do beautiful work and I am interested in the lace too..My Grandmother was raised in Canada and I have a few things from when the queen was crowned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani Looks great...I dont crochet
    but loving doing stitching and
    sewing.. The 1953 tablecloth is
    such treasured heirloom...
    Thanks for sharing.. Enjoyed it

    Blessings
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?