Saturday, January 12, 2008

This pitcher has been in my stepfathers family for many years....my mother remarried late in life and this was in his family....his first wife collected many fine antiques and collectables....I fell heir to them after he passed away as his family were not interested in keeping anything....I have enjoyed this lovely old pitcher and used it as a centerpiece on our dining room table with flowers....it is between 90 and 100 years old at least and in wonderful condition...the soft green with the violet, purple and pink orchids is a striking color combination....it is large also and an unusual shape....I just put this in my store for sale as well as several other pieces and will be adding more later....I put it up for sale reluctantly..
I think having these type pieces in our homes makes warmth that you don't get with modern decorating...history and romance.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi- thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Who is the background music on your blog? I see you are a Keith Green fan too. =)

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the background music comes from
    Ministerio La Fuente is an independent church body of believers based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

    thanks for visiting my blog...I enjoy yours too...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?