Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Evening

We are continuing our organizing and cleaning....guess you'd call it fall cleaning rather than spring cleaning....removed all the ceiling lights and washed them out..replaced light bulbs...rather mundane work but needed...the hall looks alot brighter now....

Early in the week, I got up on a ladder and cleaned the ceilings, and ceiling fans.....getting tired yet? We also checked the furnace and got it ready for the winter...the furnace filter was really dirty after the summer...we replaced it and washed out the old one for later.....

we completely cleaned out our walk in closet.....what a difference! and of course, the vacuum broke down and it took Alan much of the day to fix it.....Thankfully he was able to as getting  a new vacuum really isn't in the budget right  now.

and we have a mouse...probably mice...keep putting out traps in the kitchen and he's been stealing  the bait...even the sticky traps which I hate to use....the cats are on mouse alert, taking turns patrolling the kitchen area, especially peering under the stove....heaven help the mouse if he sneaks out!

None of these are fun jobs but they are satisfying when done......tomorrow afternoon..yard work..still have weeds to pull.(.yuck.)....I planted lettuce in the boxes Alan built this past summer....as our weather is cooler, its a perfect time....
now you know why I haven't been posting as much....busy busy busy....with locksmithing and organizing...we had 4 jobs on Friday....

.

3 comments:

  1. Morning Dani,

    Happy to hear you and Alan have locksmithing work. I start my deep cleaning tomorrow. So much fine dirt and dust. I live on a dry dirt road. The ceiling fans with lights are hardest for me and I have blinds, Yuk! It`s cooler now, so every morning I do a bit of yard work too. I love that. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *HAHA* Loved the cat!
    I need to do some cleaning before cold weather, but we've been putting up hay and I just don't have it in me right now. *WHEW*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mouse story reminded me of when I was a new bride, eons ago, and had a mouse. It would get up on my kitchen table so I put the trap on the table and put a little gravy on the trap trigger and a drop on the table. The mouse ate a hole through the tablecloth and disregarded the trap completely!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?