Monday, December 27, 2010

That's What I Call "Whittling"








My dear friend Kay sent me these photos in an email....this artist whittles these miniature creations from pencil leads..amazing, huh? can only imagine the time it takes....
We had a very nice Christmas and today's been a bit of a let down....you know how that is...you prepare and plan, poof! the day is over and nothing left to do but clean up...easing back to normal....
The good news is that we've gotten alot of calls today and business is picking up again...plus got a check in the mail....that's the way this business is..up and down..the lot of most of small business, many struggles.

I made an interesting wreath today...made with clothes pins....great for the laundry room..I don't have it quite finished but when I do, will post a photo. Also ordered more towels....plus vaccumed and did a little cleaning....we had a houseful of young people today on and off..most of the Christmas goodies have been eaten, including all the candies and nuts my brother sent....it was all enjoyed greatly...in a day or so they'll be looking for more, I'm sure....

5 comments:

  1. Such a steady hand to carve those tiny details.So neat.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always intrigued with people who do miniature anything!!!! Such patience and an eye for perfection. Glad to hear some good news coming your way. I think of you often, Dani, and pray for you often. I know the past year has been a hard one for you, but the Lord walks with us through it all, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is amazing! It looks like it would be so hard to do since they are so small!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?