Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Clothes Pin Wreath

I spent today doing more cleaning up and taking down the Christmas decorations...the tree will stay up until New Years but much of the other decor is back to normal...here is the clothes pin wreath..this will go in our laundry room after the repair work is done...I used a large old embroidery hoop for the base.

I think it would look better if I can find some tiny wooden clothes pins...and trim not only the clothes line but the raffia bow too.....you know me, always got to be making something....

They finished the soda blasting yesterday....guess the insurance wouldn't go for the dry ice...but it sure left a mess....the workers cleaned up but there is still soda everywhere....especially on the side of the house where we had stored a few things...our big screen TV was covered with dust, even though we had put a tarp over it....
Alan has been working steadily yesterday and today...and has 4 jobs tomorrow in San Diego county so I might tag along.....its supposed to rain  and be cold, below freezing tonight so we brought our son's dog into the garage for the night, and gave him a old sleeping bag to snuggle up into. He looks so cute with just his head sticking out of it and it keeps him really warm.

8 comments:

  1. That is REALLY cute! I spent the day putting all Christmas away and cleaning, UGH! My son is only home 4 more days then he goes back to Ft. Lee, so guess I am looking forward to spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some of the little mini clothes pins Dani...got them I think at Michaels or maybe Hobby Lobby.
    Happy to hear the doggie got to come in..I don't know what keeps dogs and homeless people from freezing to death no matter how many blankets they have when they have to stay out in the cold..I am sure many of them will freeze to death and that is sooo sad in this country.
    I am already working on gifts for next year..I have a lot that I do for ..fun most of the time though and good memories for Grandkids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wresth! Very clever and creative. I am going to spend the day taking down decorations - one of my least favorite activities!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath...what a great idea! Sending many blessings for your New year....Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable, Dani!!
    Are you getting a lot of the rain I've been seeing on the news? I always think of you whenever I hear things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dani,

    Sweet wreath! Very happy to hear Alan has work.

    It`s damp and windy here. Phoenix will be in the 20`s tonight, so we`ll be about 10 degrees colder. There`s snow on top of the 6,000 foot hill down the road and it may get down to us. Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dani,
    Your wreath is darling! I hung my clothesline this year with your embroidered tags across the window top valance. I just took the whole swag down and had to really shake off the dust! Yuk! It does did full of it with the our dogs in and out.
    Good of you to bring in the grand-dog and great thinking on the sleeping bag. I bet he did love it and Yes, I have also been thinking of you and the fire recovery along with the rain.
    I needed a key locksmith last night when I locked myself out of our car a the bookstore I went to for a calendar.
    The bookstore staff had a number for this guy and he was there in less than 20 minutes. It went fast as I at and read a beading magazine. But, I was supposed to have picked up a pizza Bob called in on my way home. So, Big Mistake getting locked out. Fortunately our daughter got it for him as we have no other car now. They were just returning from a out of town visit to Memphis since Christmas Day.
    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?