Friday, August 7, 2009

Autumn is coming

Its been very warm for weeks so last night we were pleasantly surprised to see and feel a temperature change......it cooled off dramatically last night, down into the 60s and its cool this morning too....still in the 60s....a preview of the fall......I am not quite ready to decorate for the season..I think there are still warm days ahead as this is only August...it stays rather warm usually through October. I took advantage of the coolness and made some banana muffins this morning....Alan loves them..

I am going to show you a few things from abandoned houses we found..

A old Coca-cola wooden crate with bottles....


I found the teapot (covered with dust) at the spooky house and then yesterday at the thrift shop, found the matching sugar/creamer + two mugs....I'll keep going back, maybe two more mugs will turn up..nice for the fall.....
something else we found at the spooky house was this nice little table.......

One day Alan brought back this little wrought iron plant stand....we put it in the dining room. The beaded candle was found also and the Texas pewter trivet on the bottom shelf....


a nice little birdhouse...this is purely for decoration..this is in our bedroom.....


and lastly, a old cast iron large pot with a wire handle...it was all rusty and I've been cleaning it...its about ready to use...

I have a few more new "followers" and just wanted to put in a reminder about the One Year Bible Online...its the best way I know of getting into the good habit of reading the Bible every day.....if you sign up (free of course), you will be sent a selection every day and at the end of the year.....you will have read the Bible through.....just click on the link for more information.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your collection of pretty things! I hope the little table isn't "haunted" and stays put...LOL...just teasing...but that spooky house story was so unnerving!!!

    I think you are right about a lot more warm weather coming, but I just can't resist already pulling out my harvest stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall is my favorite time too...and I have alot of decorating stuff to put out...its supposed to be cool through the weekend so we are really enjoying it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani! Those are some great old treasures you have there!!!!I love the old coke bottles and that picture on your header is so awesome!!!!Hope your having a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cast iron cookware is a "Dutch Oven", I use mine a good deal. They work great for stove top and in the oven. I especially like being able to sear a piece of meat on the stove top and then being able to slow roast it in the oven without dirtying two pans. A note of caution, that bail gets hot, use potholders!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great finds. We have a cast iron "Dutch Oven" and they are expensive. I love the round table also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet it is cool to be able to find all those awesome things! You have some nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to find neat things..I know it was fun for me when Billy always brought home some goodies that would have gone in the trash...I want to start selling some of the Vintage clothes though..wish I could find someone to tell me about how much they are worth...The extra money will come in handy at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?