Monday, February 3, 2014

Whats Growing in Our Neck of the Woods

The kids were pulling up carrots the other day and ran into this little guy! Love his hairdo!
So much of the country is under snow, I thought maybe you'd like to see of what is growing here. Our winter has been more like spring in most of the country, lows in the high 30s/40s and in the low 70s during the day.

Our daisies are taking off, these are in pots along our front walkway, we landscaped with many of the granite stones Alan dug up in the back yard.
The large geraniums are starting to bloom also, they seem to like the cooler days. I got these as starts from a foreclosed  house. I thought they were such a pretty color.
 

and lastly, the succulents that are on the front porch.


I think I'll have to put this into a bigger pot soon, its really taken off. I got the starts free from a planter in front of the realty office who we do some business with. I just took a few pieces home and stuck them in the pot and well, you can see how much they've grown!!





2 comments:

  1. Love to see your flowers and your cute carrot. We've got snow and more snow coming. Trying not to wish the days away, but I am so eager for the spring. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie carrot, I will try and grow these this summer. You have a pretty colorful garden now, Ours is just leaves!
    Love your new page so pretty but it always is!
    Smiles, Cynd

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?