Friday, October 4, 2013

A Little Different Post

I haven't posted a few days, we've been following the government shut down...as there have been 16 others before this one, we didn't think much was going to happen.  However, this time its a bit different, evidently the current President will not sit down and compromise or let anyone pass bills help the American people cope. The House has sent many bills to help fund treatment for children with cancer, to help the military, etc. All rejected. Harry Reid actually said when asked if he would help one child with cancer "Why would we do that?"
 The park service even has tried to close down monuments funded by private donations which is ridiculous and also have closed down state parks which are funded by the individual states, not federal funds. One park official is quoted as saying ""We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

Somehow, I don't think this will end well.
I don't know about you, but I'm disgusted.



4 comments:

  1. Me to Dani..Disgusted and really feel sorry for toddlers and babies being born now..what will the future have for them ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just said what I've been thinking. This whole thing is ridiculous. Congress and the President should stop getting paid and all of them should be voted out of office ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disgusted as well, I try to not even watch the news anymore it just too stressful and I don't need any more of that right now, all in Washington need to grow up or get out, UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you and most of the rest of the country, very discussed with our government! My prayers continue for some type of settlement.

    Hope otherwise things are going well with you guys!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?