Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Books!!! Figs and Stitchery

My son has inherited a whole lot of books...books of all kinds, children's books, cookbooks, mysteries, fiction, how to books, you name it. A good friend of theirs is moving and had a online book business which he handed over so now Don is working on starting one. He's asked me to put some on Ebay so I'll be working on that soon..meanwhile our garage is full of books! They're trying to sort them out. Its difficult as there are so many. A few old children's books caught my eye from the 50s and 60s.
We're also canning and preserving

This is canned fig conserve, the recipe is in my canning and preserving page. Figs, crushed pineapple, lemons and chopped pecans, very yummy! So many figs!!


Still doing stitching also, and working on some fall items such as more of these cute spider candle mats.


also more tags...

I'm working on getting my second Etsy shop back open, Sweet Home Stitchery. I closed it last year as I just couldn't get it together to stitch much with the grandbaby here. I plan on reopening it this fall and filling it with lots of good stuff. 

and lastly a photo of my hometown, Oceanside, Ca
the beach and the pier



 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos on your blog. and the embroidered spider web is really fun. Good luck with reopening your Etsy shop.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh Dani!

    I would be in heaven looking through your box of books. I wish your son lot's of luck selling in his new business! Be sure and give us his link when opened.
    Your stitchery is fabulous as always! I am not much into canning, just some pear honey I made last spring and it does not require all you are doing. My neighbor is canning peaches now too. Living in the forest we can't grow our own fruit trees like you do, but we have so many fabulous farmer's markets around and there is even a cannery close by newly renovated we could take our veggies and fruits to and they will do the cooking part.
    And, what is that Big, Huge Tree in your cover ! It looks like a good climbing tree!

    I would love to hear and smell the ocean, you are so lucky!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any crochet books such as filet or doilies? I would love to someday come visit you just to learn to can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl would you sell me a jar of your fig sauce. id love to try some sounds so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, Sherri, I lost your email address...could you send me an email so I can reply privately to you? love to send you a jar of the conserve.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?