Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm back!

I took a little hiatus from posting during the holidays. I did want to share these wonderful place mats that Nancy Huggins made for me in a swap we did. Don't they look great on our Christmas table? I swapped her some embroidered towels and a couple of stitchery pictures. I am always open for swaps.
She also did an order from my DIL for some pretty pillows to send her family using Jayden's photos...

They made such unique gifts for grandparents and other family.

My brother  got one and he called thanking her for such a nice gift. It  looks like with the Presidents reelection that he may be getting laid off from Lockheed. He's worked for them for almost 20 years. He will know in the coming weeks and is getting prepared for the worst. Its sad but happy too as it will mean he'll be returning to California to a home he has in Oceanside which is only a 35 mile drive from us. He and his family now live in Hawaii.

I also wanted to share that Brenda is having her first giveaway of the new year!

She's giving away this primitive bunny and carrot, nice for spring decorating which (hopefully) is right around the corner. This giveaway ends January 31st. You can sign up on her blog, The Rusty Thimble..her creations are always so well done and unique, if you've never visited her Etsy shop, the link for it is on her blog site as well as many photos of her items.




2 comments:

  1. Things are not good right now and my oldest son just bought a semi and is leasing it to co he worked for and of course he is driving it so I hope that was a good decision for him. The placemats do look nice on your table Dani and I am looking forward to sewing the runner you will be working on for next Christmas. Hopefully we will be setteled in our new home for me to work on it.
    I know you will be happy to see your Brother more often if he moves back to CA.
    A lot of things will be bad for at least 4 more years and we can just pray that we get someone in after that to fix things and make economy better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani....those are nice placemats Nancy made. It is fun to sew for others. I need to do more. I hope 2013 is a good year for you and your family.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?