Thursday, September 27, 2012

More Depression Glass and Thoughts

We were able to get a different device and get photos downloaded again...Yay!...I listed many more pieces of Depression glass into my Etsy shop...here is just a small sample.
I have four Cherry Blossom dinner plates...

I know its hard to see the pattern but they are in perfect condition. According to my book, these go normally for around $30.00 a piece but I'm selling them for much less.
I thought I had Cherry Blossom sugar and creamer, however, on checking, they turned out to be the pattern Poinsettia which I really like..

I not only have pink glass but also some pretty cut glass...

I inherited way too much and feel the compulsion to lighten up. Much of it was from my mothers second husbands estate. His children didn't want any of it so it fell to me. The proceeds will go to get a new computer.



Fall is starting here, cooler nights which are so welcome after our hot hot summer. September hasn't been a good month for our business. Very few calls. We do have one tomorrow but all in all a bad month. Our realtor friends tell us there is a light at the end of the tunnel so hopefully things will pick up soon.

We were supposed to get our solar panels in this week. However, a mistake was made and they have to go back to the drawing board. Evidently, they thought we had a smaller electrical box but on closer inspection, realized differently. Instead of 17 panels, we will be getting 30. Much better for us as most of our energy needs will be through solar and not the electric company. Our neighbor who already has his panels says its so cool to see the electric meter going backwards! It will be a few more weeks wait but well worth it.

I know you're probably getting tired of all the political stuff right now...rather a ugly campaign this time around. Alan and I just finished listening to a great book by Mark Levin called "Ameritopia" and we highly recommend it. It really goes into alot of detail and
history to explain how we've gotten to  the place we are right now as a country. A rather scary place actually. Many people don't realize how close we are to the brink of diaster.
Amazon has it, both in paper and hardback and also a Kindle version.

Pray! 2 Chronicles 7:13-15
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,

    I`ve always liked pink depression glass. Some patterns are easy to confuse. I hope October is busier for you. Glad to read your solar panels are coming along. Lots of solar in my town and more wind turbines coming in.

    I can`t wait for this election to be over so we know what we have to deal with. I never thought I`d see the day where our Bill Of Rights and our Constitution would be looked at with disregard and our country run by lobbyists. Yes,it is a scary place.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Dani

    So agree with the comment post
    from the person above me...
    Read What Pastor John Hagee has
    to say about all this ...
    40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
    http://www.jhm.org/Resources/FortyDaysOfPrayer
    http://prolifecorner.com/pastor-john-hagee-on-40-days-of-prayer/

    Blessing Ladybug

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?