Monday, July 2, 2012

Zucchini Bread

I've been busy baking zucchini bread and muffins...these are sugar free and very good indeed..I added some crushed pineapple to the recipe. With the zucchini and the pineapple, these are very moist and yummy. Of course, they also have chopped walnuts.

Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 c. flour
1 12 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup Splenda
1/3 c. canola oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. drained crushed pineapple
1 t. vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 c. walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with your choice of cooking spray.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Beat eggs and Splenda. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add oil, applesauce, pineapple and vanilla, beat at medium speed for a minute or two to mix well. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. I put a walnut half on the bread and muffins just for fun.
Bake 40 minutes or until tested done. Cool about 10 minutes before taking of pan and cool on wire rack.
I doubled the recipe and made muffins too..baking time was 5 minutes longer for the muffins.

I've also been busy stitching some special orders. Plus doing  needed housework..with 7 in the house, there is always something that needs to be done! as well as taking care of 3 cats and 2 dogs. 
As you may know, I collect vintage cooky cutters...but am getting too many so I have a few in my Etsy shop for sale....
There are more photos..these are from the 60s, I believe. My shop is Inspiration Memories
 I never could figure out why some of the cutters were shaped like spades, diamonds, hearts and clubs, Mom told me it was because card parties were very popular back in the day. My grandmother played bridge and hosted games, serving dainty frosted sugar cookies. 

4 comments:

  1. I have seen some vintage cookie cutters used for Christmas ornaments and they look pretty nice on the tree. I want to copy your recipe but I don't have any splenda..Can I use sugar instead and if so how much. Just got a text tonight that my son Jimmy and his wife Jean are coming down tomorrow so looks like Billy an I will be doing some cleaning and I took all my fabric that I was working on for quilt tops off dining room table and put in sewing room..now when they leave I get to haul it all back out :) This will be the first time they will be here and it will be 2 years Oct first that we have been here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work with your blog.. best blog I've seen in recent times

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmmmmm, your bread looks yummy! I got home just in time for our zucchini, will have to make some bread too, I use an Amish recipe with chocolate chips in it:D Love the cookie cutters!!!! Have a great day Dani:)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?