Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wind, Leaves and an Altered Book!

We have had very strong winds the last few days...being at the end of the street....we get not only our own leaves from the two trees in the front but all the neighbors leaves also.....I was going to start raking them up but its windy today too!.....there is a large concrete tortoise in there somewhere but all you can see of him is peak of his shell....
we share a small front yard with our next door neighbors......here is what this looks like
The leaves are  heaped up in the gutters also...so we have our work cut out for us as soon as the winds calm down.....the back yard isn't much better...the winds were so blustery, our patio is covered also...some of the neighbors have cut their big trees down as they don't like all the leaves but we love them and would never do that......I always wanted a house with a big tree in the front yard........
I was reading Mamie Janes blog and saw this tutorial for a altered book...as I had an old one, decided to try it...here is the result....not too bad for the first attempt.....if you'd like to try making one...its not difficult....go to Mamie Janes Book Art,,,I think this needs smaller pip berries but these are all I have for now....haven't gotten the Christmas boxes down yet....something I plan to do later today....

Nancy, Huggins Haven is helping a young family who are struggling....they have children who will not be getting a very happy Christmas...she is asking everyone to donate small gifts or cash for them.....please go over to her blog and she gives the details and what you can do to help....so many are struggling this year...and you will know your donations will go directly to this deserving family....

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the leaves! I have this exact same problem! I get neighbor's leaves blow up to my house until spring! It is so frustrating! I ask God to please have the wind blow the opposite...but He must really want me to sacrifice and rake/mulch. love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about my blog to help the family with the 4 young Children. I was able to get to $tree today and we picked up some little things for them..got the Mom a cute Christmas dish towel and the Dad a flashlight...guys love flashlights :)
    As you know we have tons of trees all around our house,,to many to count and the only internet connection we could get was verizon air card but better than nothing.
    Thank you for sharing the altered book...I am going to check out that site and try some of them...you always share such neat things. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the altered book link Dani. I heard your part of California had high winds the other day. That`s a lot of leaves!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?