Friday, December 2, 2011

Carlsbad Beach

We've been fairly busy this week....doing many escrow re keys...and one took us down to Carlsbad State Beach....being winter there were not many people around..a few walkers was all...it was nice walking along the bank looking down into the surf...very peaceful.....the temperature was in the 70s.....

This view is looking south, toward the power plant....

 This is north toward Oceanside..you can see the pier and the restaurant at the end of it......we've eaten there a few times and walked the pier many times.....it was great to look out onto the ocean, hear the waves crashing and realize your problems are not so big after all.......puts life into perspective....

We tried to do a little video so you could hear the wind and surf...don't know how well it turned out but I decided to post it anyway......

Today we had a job re keying a commercial building...different kinds of locks than I am familiar with....learning something new, especially mechanical things is always a challenge for me....it doesn't come naturally like it does Alan.....Alan was very patient and I soon learned how to take the locks off and then reinstall them.....wasn't as difficult as I imagined it would be....but it got progressively cooler as the day went on..and tonight I think I am a little chilled.....so am going to bed early with some hot tea and the good book to keep me company.....so very thankful for the work..this time of year is always slow.....this week has been a complete surprise......and a nice one!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Dani..It was nice to look at and it is in the 40's and 50's here now but at least we don't have the snow like a lot of places do. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your pictures of the beach. Sometimes I miss the smell of salt air (used to live in New Jersey). I am happy to read that you and Alan have lots of work. Rain and snow here today. Supposed to move out tomorrow. I always enjoy my visits here.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest daughter used to live in Carlsbad. She and I walked the Carlsbad and the Oceanside beaches quite a bit while she waited for her baby to come (gee, 21+ years ago.) I love Carlsbad. Nice to see these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?