Monday, May 17, 2010

Progress

its been almost 2 weeks since the fire...we are still in the hotel....the restoration company has removed all the attic insulation and will be replacing it tomorrow..plus removing all the old carpet padding and replacing it..then the carpets will be cleaned....tomorrow an engineer is coming by to do blueprints of the new construction. I sure hope they can get things started soon....the insurance company requires two bids so a second engineer is supposed to come out also...
we go by every day and check on everything.....water and weed the garden, take care of the duck and the one cat that is still there...Smoky our son's black cat is very sensitive and wouldn't do well in the hotel....he is happier at home so we just keep him contained when the workers are there.

Please pray for the Lords provision..and thanks so much for the prayers already....it means alot to me knowing my online friends care so much...I am using the hotels computer right now..

11 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that construction is moving along and that you are able to care for your yard. It`s nice to still have some "normal" in your lives.

    Praying that you have a speedy return to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to be living in a hotel. Just stressful as all get-out. I hope they can hurry and you can move back in soon. We got caught "between houses" (people wouldn't move after the closing!!!!) once and during the 2 months it took to get them OUT, we were in a motel with 4 cats and 2 giant dogs, all of us miserable. I'm glad the hotel at least has a computer in the lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, what an ordeal for you and your family.
    The main thing is that all of you are well.
    I hope everything will be back to it's normal routine for you soon.

    Take care and blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani - sounds like things are happening. I know you're getting tired of the hotel. I hope the repairs go quickly and smoothly for you guys. I think your kitty and duck are probably happier at home, too. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the hotel has a computer for you to use! I hope it's not too long before y'all will be able to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I'm certainly behind! We are traveling and I've been up to my eyeballs in preparation so I've neglected my blog pals. So sorry to hear about your loss -- fires are so frightening. I am glad that you guys weren't injured. Keep your chin up! This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how miserable you must be at the hotel Dani and I feel for you. I will be happy to leave here as soon as possible too but I do have all my things and don't know what I would do if I lost a lot of things. I also don't know what I would do with 4 dogs and 3 cats in a hotel.
    I am praying that you will be back in your home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my precious friend, I hope you have a good week. The Lord bless you
    Big hugs

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everything will be getting back to normal for you soon, Dani- I know has to be so hard having your life upside-down right now.... hugs to you and hope you're back home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the kind comments..still here..3 weeks next tuesday..yuck

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?