Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hello..sorry I haven't posted this week..we've had quite a "adventure"..Monday night we were watching TV when the lights and TV went out...Alan got up to check the breakers and when he opened the door to the garage..he was met with very hot black smoke! our garage was on fire....the poor dog, Kingston was sleeping out there so he quickly ran around to the side garage door, cracked it open and Kingston raced out...he was ok..we gathered up the  cats, putting them in my car that was across the street....the neighbors called 911. The firemen were great..and got it out in about 10 minutes...it evidently started in an outlet..an electrical shot...the smoke was the worst..it got up into the attic and into most of the rooms, especially the office and our bedroom....
we are staying in a hotel for a few weeks.....is a nice place but of course, we'd rather be home....the cats have made themselves comfortable...the dog is staying with my son's girlfriends family..he is fine, amazing!
A restoration company has been cleaning out the garage..and will be doing the repair work....our insurance is paying it all...Can highly recommend Allstate insurance..we've had the same agent for 36 years!guess its paying off now, huh?
sorry no photos..my computer is smoke damaged..will probably be getting a new one...I am using Alan's business laptop so won't be posting as often until life gets back to normal...
I am very thankful to the firemen, neighbors and friends who came from no where to help.....I do ask for prayer as our little business will suffer somewhat..hard to stay in business from a hotel room...we lost all our food...and we had alot of canned goods in the garage that were ruined...much of our holiday ornaments and our tree are gone.....some tools, our treadmill,  things that can all be replaced....we are so thankful no one was hurt and our family of animals are safe.....

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Dani! I'm so sorry to hear about this.... and I thought I had a bad week! Bless your hearts. Praise the Lord no one was hurt. I am also very glad that your insurance is doing what it's supposed to do, that's wonderful. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. Will be praying for you friend! Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy that you are safe. We love our Allstate agent too.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani~ Thank God you and the pets are OK and I'm SO glad you were up watching tv and not sleeping! I hope the clean up goes quickly so you can all get back home, hugs and prayers, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you and your family Dani Am so glad you are all okay. Have a beautiful and blessed Mother's Day Thank you for letting us know Will be praying for you!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about the fire but it was a blessing that you caught it in time...Makes us all wonder how safe we are..Glad your family and pets are ok..I will be keeping your family in my prayers.
    It is nice to know that friends and neighbors are there to help when you need them.
    Hope your business doesn't suffer to much.
    Hope you have a nice Mothers Day in spite of the fire.
    Love ya
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dani, so sorry about the fire. I am glad you and the pets are OK. Nancy had posted the news on our group. Take care. Wish I was closer to help.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH My Dani,

    Can you forward your home phone number to your cell phone to not miss business calls? My hubby does that when we need to leave and are waiting in a call.

    SO glad your puppy is fine and you are OK, Awful about your holiday items, Oh my mine are our there also.
    SO sorry you are going through this unwanted time. Hang in there, we are praying for you.

    Blessings, Cyndi
    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a feeling something was up! I'm glad you guys are all okay... and yes, you will be in my special prayers! Joseph sends his love as well...
    Thankful to the Lord's protection -- no one hurt...
    Hugs in Jesus,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been in my thoughts and prayers ever since I read your post on facebook! I know this whole thing is hard and there will be so much to do. . . .!!!!!! Please know that you will be prayed for constantly. I, too, wish I lived closer and could do something to help you. Whenever you get a chance, please keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how awful!!! SO glad you and yours weren't HURT physically but gosh, the stress and worry from it!!! Sorry about the loss of the items, it is hard to replace things and even tho it's great there were no injuries, that is upsetting to have things ruined and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God you were all safe - I've experienced house fire years ago and it is a truly terrifying and sobering experience. Great you have good coverage and will be back in your home soon. It only takes a moment for everything to change - hearing stories of those in Nashville being flooded out and your story - we can be all so grateful for simple comforts of our home places. Take care and we are also grateful for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness girl! So sorry to hear this but so very thankful that no one was hurt. I'm glad insurance is paying off and taking care of this situation quickly, that's good to hear!

    I will be praying for you. Thank you Lord, that you are in control of ALL things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! I am glad to hear your family and pets are okay! Sorry you're not able to stay at home, I hope it will be fixed quickly, sounds like you have a great agent! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Dani- I'm sooo sorry... I'm thankful you are all alright, but how sad for the things you lost... I pray life gets back to normal for you all soon! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so sorry to hear that. At least no one was hurt but it sure makes for a lot of work and yes...there is no place like home. Hope it gets all cleaned and fixed up soon so you can return to normal life.
    Is there such thing as a normal life???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dani:
    I am soooo sorry to hear about all of this. I have only been online sporatically, and just read about the fire now.
    I'm glad to hear that you are back home safe and sound.
    Hope you know you are ALWAYS in my heart and prayers each and every day.

    Much love... Linda

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?