Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday

The guys went to the March field air show yesterday..Alan send me this photo from his cell phone....they had a really good time..our youngest talked to a Air Force recruiter...so don't know how that will work out....he's either going to go to college this fall (already started the enrollment) or join the service...I am hoping the Air Force as we wouldn't worry so much about his safety.....he's really very mechanically talented so it might be a good fit for him...

He's been doing odd jobs, lawn mowing, etc. since he's graduated and knows he has to look toward the future....I've been suggesting either the Air Force or the Navy..so many of the young men in our neighborhood have gone Army and Marines...one is being sent to Afghanistan soon..there just isn't much work here for our young people at all...no manufacturing jobs or large corporations..mostly just retail and fast food jobs and they are hard to get...with low pay and no benefits...My brother who is retired Air Force has been encouraging him also but its up to him...please keep him in prayer as he makes some life choices...its  hard for young people especially now.


I also discovered a wonderful website yesterday..maybe I'm late in finding this but in case there are others that don't know and you like paper crafting....please check out EweNmePrintables.com

7 comments:

  1. I hope your son makes the right decision! It's so hard when you're young like that to really know what to do! I'll say a prayer for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's hard for them to find what they really want to do. I'll pray for him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to tell you that my nephew went into the Air Force because he just didn't want to go to college. He has been in it for 4 years now and has been to so many places. He loves it and plans on making a career out of it. But he just got sent to the desert, to Oman. We'll see what he has to say after being there 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess life just sort of tries to point you to the positive...sometimes it just takes a few years of living to listen...

    Will be sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tagged your for a photo tag on my blog if you'd like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blue Angels air show is today in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I would love to go to see it buit Bob is feeling bad this week and has been home form work even. He really feels bad. But we saw the Thunderbirds in Washington State on the Military Air Base and it was so fabulous. We toured the planes they had for viewing, some were corded off but inside was open and WOW, they are awesome!

    At least hopefully he could be stationed in Washington State and close to you. Good luck to him in his endevors!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?