Thursday, August 31, 2017

Pineapple Crochet


 I've been going through my cedar chest where I store linens and such. I had forgotten this beautiful pineapple tablecloth so got out our little round table to display it, I think its just gorgeous, don't you?
I believe this is made by my MIL but not sure. 


              Here is a closer look at the beautiful crochet work.

The Pineapple crochet pattern is a very popular design. A antique symbol of hospitality, warmth and family. It has been often used to welcome their guests. I especially am partial to it in crochet as its just beautiful.
Here are a few other doilies I found on Google


My grandmother crochet many doilies and many of hers have a pineapple theme too. So glad to have this table topper as it adds a little touch of elegance to our small living room. Do you have any pineapple themed items in your home?
My maternal grandmother was a avid crocheter and I inherited many of doilies she made. I know they aren't popular to use as they were in her day so I haven't put them out but keep them in the cedar chest for the most part. She also crocheted a lovely large tablecloth which I just handed down to my brother and family. We don't have a dining area in this little home or a table. We use TV  trays to eat at which is ok for two. Not sure what we will do this Thanksgiving!

I taught myself how to crochet as grandma passed away when I was only 11. I wish I could have gotten some pointers from her. I will show you next time a couple of things I have here that I crocheted. Two baby blankets that are granny squares.
Alan inherited a beautiful afghan that his mother had crocheted and I will share that also. Guess I should crochet again as its fun and relaxing.

and will end with a funny




No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?