Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas decorating

Here is our little tree corner, finally got the tree up this last week. Alan's feeling alot better and no more low blood sugar episodes. Thank you all for your prayers. We love the traditional colors of Christmas as you can see and there is always one cat under the tree. The cats seem to take turns enjoying it.
            I also decorated the wash board for the holiday.

I love the cardinals, found them at the Dollar Tree store which really made it, I think.
The tree skirt I made a number of years ago, I used a base of dark quilted green cotton and the attached about 300 Christmas yo yos to it. Added buttons also and trimmed it with some vintage crochet. It was alot of work but we've enjoyed it and glad it didn't get destroyed in the fire we had about 4 years ago.


My friend, Nancy Huggins sent me a package for the family and in it was my gift..this darling primitive doll..isn't she cute?

                       I love the embroidery hoop!
Wishing you, the reader, a wonderful weekend as we prepare for Jesus's birthday and wish you many blessings this next week.


4 comments:

  1. How beautiful and Christmasy your home looks. The tree skirt is wonderful. It must have taken you forever to make it.

    The dolls is lovely. I know you will enjoy her for many years.

    Blessings to you Danielle. Hope your Christmas is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so warm and inviting.

    We wish you and your family a most Merry and Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family a Merry
    Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doll looks really cute sitting there on the shelf Dani...she was meant to live with you :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?