Friday, April 12, 2013

Update




Meanwhile, Alan and I have been working very hard on our yard while the weather is so nice. Alan put in another raised bed for strawberries and we're working on the last area of our yard that was never completed earlier. The ground was never worked and it was just full of granite rocks. We both decided after doing a hard scape f  low fence border around a pink princess escallonia bush, to just cover the area with mulch, and potting plants. Escallonia does well for us in our climate and our bush is almost 6 ft. tall. As my computer isn't allowing me to download photos..here is a stock photo to give you an idea of the plant. Ours is actually a bit prettier than this one.
The rest of the garden is doing well, the raised beds are so successful. Soon I'll be harvesting beets!

Sorry I haven't posted in a little while but having trouble with my computer. Its slowly dying and as its so old, I'm working on getting another one. A new tech store is opening up here in town tomorrow and I'm planning on going over to the grand opening to see if they have a rebuilt one in my price range. If not, guess I'll have to wait until I get more money saved. We never charge anything any more but save for our bigger priced items just like my parents and grandparents did. So nice not to have credit card bills!

I'm going to have a giveaway soon to celebrate the new computer. Its about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?