Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Garden News

I thought you may like to see our raised bed garden. Its doing fine so far, the tomatoes are growing like crazy with lots of flowers so we're hoping for a good crop.

 The zucchini plant has tiny squash coming. I have to check it every day as they tend to get too big overnight or so it seems.


 These are tomato plants, they were so tiny when we planted them.


Our peach and nectarine tree, beyond is the new Valencia orange. its still small as we planted it last year. No lawn anymore due to the drought. Now the water district has lifted some of the restrictions, I don't think we're going to try to grow grass with the dogs, it would be impossible at this point. I'd love to get artificial turf but it would cost a fortune. For now, we're just keeping it fairly weed free.

That's about all for today. I cooked a big pot of chicken vegetable noodle soup yesterday and then froze some for the future. I already have some white beans and ham frozen, Next I think I'll cook a big pot of pinto beans and freeze them too. Its good to have things tucked away. The beans will be ready for chili. I'm freezing them in quart jars so it will be easy to just take one out for us two. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?